This recipe for body butter is a combination of several recipes I’ve researched. I wanted to try something with all the ingredients that I really liked, so this is the combination that I came up with! It smells a lot like the cocoa butter, but I used a snickerdoodle scented oil, which smells a lot like cocoa butter anyways. This body butter is smooth and creamy and moisturizes my skin well.
Thinking about giving homemade gifts for the holidays? (Check out this recipe here for another great holiday gift idea!) Body butter is great for gifting especially during the holidays when skin tends to be much drier than in the warmer months. Scoop some body butter into a cute mason jar and slap on a homemade label and voila! You’ve got a homemade gift and it was easy to make.
First, you’re going to combine all the ingredients on the stove until they have melted. Then let it cool in the fridge until it has solidified. Next, use a mixer to whip the ingredients into a creamy texture. That’s it!
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lanolin
- 1 tablespoon fresh aloe
- 20 drops essential oil of choice
- Combine cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil, lanolin, and aloe juice in a medium pot.
- Heat on low/medium heat until completely melted. Whisk together.
- Chill the mixture in a microwave-safe bowl until it has solidified. If it gets too hard, microwave the mixture for 10 seconds at a time until the mixture has softened, but not melted.
- Put essential oils into the mixture. Use a mixer to blend the mixture together until a creamy texture has been reached.
- Store in a glass jar.