Customize Your Own Recipe For Protein Pancakes
Protein pancakes are the perfect way to start off any day or to enjoy after a workout. Actually, they are good at any time of the day.
So, it’s been a while since I’ve put out a blog post. Things have been pretty crazy around here! I quit my job, Justin graduated from law school, and Justin and I have moved back to my parent’s house for the summer until he starts his job in September. In the meantime, I’m going to have days filled with searching for the perfect place to live, finding a new job, and blogging. Enjoy the protein pancakes in this recipe or customize it your way!
I’m starting with these pancakes because they have been a staple in our kitchen for years now. The good thing about these pancakes is that they are so filling. They taste really good too. You’re able to customize it to be any flavor or add any toppings that you like. This morning, I decided to use up some of the frozen blueberries I had in my freezer and make blueberry protein pancakes.
My mom decided to put some vanilla Greek yogurt and strawberry slices on top of her protein pancakes. I just slapped on some old fashion butter and syrup and they were delicious. I’m going to provide the recipe that I used today and then let you know what parts of the recipe are customize-able.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberry yogurt
- frozen blueberries
- Combine flour, vanilla protein powder, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix in egg, milk, vanilla extract, and blueberry yogurt. The batter should be mostly smooth with maybe a few lumps.
- Spray the griddle or pan with cooking spray and heat the pan over medium-low heat.
- Use a ladle to scoop protein pancake batter into the preheated pan.
- Place the desired amount of frozen blueberries throughout the pancake.
- Let pancake cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until the pancake’s edges are starting to appear less wet. Flip the pancake with a spatula and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes or until the pancake is cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate, add toppings, and enjoy!
Ways To Customize Recipe:
- Use any flavor protein powder! I have also used chocolate protein powder.
- Use any flavor yogurt. Mix it up and add plain greek yogurt, vanilla yogurt, or a fruit-flavored yogurt.
- Toppings! The choices are endless. Add peaches, bananas, strawberries, whipped cream, yogurt, peanut butter, Nutella, almond butter, maple syrup, etc. Get creative!
More Posts You May Like: